Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου

Κυριακή 12 Νοεμβρίου 2017

Chiari I malformation: surgical technique, indications and limits

Abstract

Background

Chiari malformation type I (CM-I) is a rare disease characterised by herniation of cerebellar tonsils below the foramen magnum with associated anomalies of posterior fossa. We describe here the surgical technique, indications and limits of surgical treatment.

Method

The authors describe the surgical technique, including: posterior fossa decompression, opening of the foramen of Magendie and duraplasty in case of CM-I.

Conclusions

Posterior fossa decompression plus duraplasty is a safe and effective procedure for patients with CM-I malformation.



from #ORL-AlexandrosSfakianakis via ola Kala on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2mi9o6z

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου