Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 10 Μαρτίου 2018

Knights without Armour

Abstract

Training in Emergency medicine for nearly 5 years, I thought the finish line was getting near and becoming a consultant was just down the corner. I was enjoying work, getting better every day and well appreciated by peers. But little did I know that life had other plans. I ended up in an emergency department presenting with status epilepticus preceded by vague ongoing symptoms lasting for 2 months. I was intubated and transferred to Intensive care and did not receive a formal diagnosis which still remains a mystery. Family, friends and my peers proved to be an essential source of recovery in my time of need, whose presence and importance I didn't appreciate previously. My wife and daughter were my biggest motivation to move forward. I was uncertain whether I would be able to return to work as I was before but never at any point did I feel dejected or depressed, because I knew life had something better in store for me.

This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.



from #ORL-AlexandrosSfakianakis via ola Kala on Inoreader http://ift.tt/2GdLHTn

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου